This is a 2 days hands-on Kubernetes intensive workshop taking place on February 6th and 7th before the main conference day on Friday, February 8th, covering basic to advanced Kubernetes topics with an in-depth Kubernetes Implemenation Training. We'll start with deploying Kubernetes, OpenShift or Rancher Kubernetes Engine on AWS, Azure or GCP and learn Kubernetes by doing.
After this 2 days hands-on workshop you should be able to run Kubenrnetes in production and lay the ground for the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) and / or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) exams.
The workshops will be held by certified kubernetes administrators and application developers who are working on large scale Kubernetes implementations in various industry sectors.
You should have a basic knowledge of cloud computing, linux and container technology.
You should love to love learning!
Please bring your laptop with kubectl installed.
- Kubernetes fundamentals
- Short introduction to Kubernetes and its Architecture
- Install an HA'ed Kubernetes environment with upstream Kubernetes, OpenShift or Rancher Kubernetes Engine
- First steps with Docker and Kubernetes
- Kubernetes Implementation Design
- Learn about Kubernetes API Groups, OpenAPI and Swagger UI
- Learn about pods, create, supervise and manage them manually
- Learn about multiple replication controllers, schedulers and when to use them
- Learn about services, ingress controllers, load balancers and how to implement a custom ingress controller
- Learn about Config-Maps, Secrets, DownwardAPI and Cert-Manager to configure applications
- Learn about ephermeral volumes, persistent volumes, provisioners and storage classes
- Learn about auto-scaling
- Learn about rolling deployments, blue-green and canary release strategies
- Learn about monitoring and logging and get deep insights about the cluster health
- Learn about Statefulsets and best practices to run stateful applications in production
- Learn about back-up, restore and desaster recovery
- Learn about container and Kubernetes security and hardening technics
- Learn about multi-cluster management
- Learn to build customized service and application catalogs
- Learn about Helm and Operators
- Learn how to deploy and use the Vault Operator
- Learn about troubleshooting and cluster maintanance (safely cordon and draining nodes)
- In-Depth introduction to Kubernetes and its Architecture
- Learn about CKA and CKAD exams and how to learn with Kubernauts community
- Learn to get in love with Kubernetes and the community
Training Material and Teutonetes Cluster
Each student will get a full-set of training materials (Slides, Kubernetes in Action and Kubernetes CookBook) and a K8s cluster hosted on teuto.net for 2 days.
Number of Students
The number of students is unfortunately limited to 16 attendees, book your seat asap.
Workshop Registration (SOLD OUT)
Get on the waiting list
Due to limited number of seats for the workshops, we'll offer the next workshop coming in March, please feel free to get on the waiting list, we'll inform you about the date and location during the conference.
Add me to the waiting list